Building Doors With Industry Print Shop
When you catch a big break, it usually means a little bit of luck was sprinkled in the mix. However, sometimes in order for you to have an opportunity to be lucky, you have to build your own door to be knocked on or down.
That’s the case today with guest Tony Diaz. Tony is the head honcho of the artist-run, award-winning screen print shop specializing in apparel and flatstock, Industry Print Shop in Austin, TX. They work with some of the biggest names in the industry like Goodtype, Morning Breathe, James Victore and Draplin to name a few.
While it says printshop in their name they do far more than that as they are in the business of creating experiences for creatives like you and me. Tony and his crew are also in the business of building doors as you heard in the intro sound byte which we dive deeper into on this episode.
Want to help the show grow?
He’s a punk rocker turned screen printer turned business owner. Not only does he have an incredible story to tell but he has a ton of wisdom and bravado to motivate you to keep pushing your work to the next level.
In this episode we talk about:
- Creating your own luck
- Betting on yourself when others tell you you can’t
- Finding things you believe in to contribute to that are bigger than yourself
- The power of collaborating and providing mutual value
- And so much more
Listen to the end of the episode to hear how you can get a fat ass discount on their website which is loaded with some killer merch…alright, use code PERSPECTIVE to cop 25% off.
- Industry Instagram
- Industry Website
- Industry Twitter
- Industry Editions Prints
- Industry Merch
- Tony’s Instagram – @Antibydesign
- Tony’s Website
- Doug & Jason of Morning Breath Inc.
- Bobby Dixon’s Work – @Klctvefusion
- Brian Maclaskey’s Work – @BrianMaclaskey
- Land Boys Instagram – @L A N D
- Matt Dawson of Crop Conference
- Dose of Inspiration: @ofatomsandlines
- Podcast theme music by @blookah