People Appreciate Being Appreciated
I used to be the kind of person who was always waiting for good things to happen to me. I used to be the kind of person who was always waiting for good things to happen to me. It felt like the world was against because it felt like the ball never bounced my way. I expected these things, but I damn sure didn’t deserve them with how I selfishly acted.
What I learned over the years is you have to play aggressively instead of sitting passively on the bench and not getting into the game—the game of love (lol jk)…but seriously.
Secret Audience Building Instagram Tip: Be Proactive (not the acne medicine)
- One of the secrets to growing an audience on a platform is all about engaging
- The more you engage with others via DM’s or comments, the more you play in the favor of the algorithm on places like Instagram
- Be proactive instead of reactive: don’t wait for some love to land on your lap
- Proactively peppering people with authentic love can result in short term and long term benefits
- Taking a small moment of your existence to drop someone a compliment can radically change their day, week, month, or outlook on life
- You can spark incredible relationships that can lead to a stronger community, a new loyal follower, a new podcast listener, a new podcast guest, a new mentor or mentee, an accountability partner, or even someone to collab with that’s halfway across the world (and that’s just the tip of the iceberg).
ACTION STEP #1: 5 x 5 Engagement Challenge
For the next 5 days, slide into 5 people’s DM’s or comment on a post of theirs to show them some love and appreciation or tell them how their work has made an impact on you.
Be a Part of the Solution
- There’s enough negativity in this world—why not be a part of the solution instead of contributing to the problem?
- Aren’t you tired of seeing dick heads who treat people like shit be successful?
- Aren’t you tired of seeing the waves of trolls on social media who put others down?
- If so, then do something about it by playing a small role is something so much bigger than ourselves.
- You attract what you put out into this world
- A negative view of being the victim will only attract more of the same shit
- Instead of wondering what has anyone done for you lately, ask yourself: what have I one for someone lately?
- The world doesn’t owe you a damn thing, but good things happen when you serve the world
- Always give more than you take
To plant seeds of positivity and grow a field of future fruitful humans who serve humans.
When I die, I want to be known as a giver, not a taker. I want my son to know that his dad played did his part to make the world a better place. I want him and others to be inspired to do the same in spite of what cynics, haters, or trolls may think.
ACTION STEP #2: Show Some Love Instagram Challenge
Create a piece with your own rendition of Show Some Love and tag your top 1-3 creators on Instagram. Use #showsomelove2019 and tag me on my @prspctv_cllctv or Perspective Podcast IG to make sure I see it. I’ll be re-sharing my favorites on my stories for the first week running today through next Wednesday.
Enjoy This Episode?
If you enjoyed this audience-building Instagram tip, let me know what you think. Take a screenshot of the podcast episode you’re listening to and tag me on Instagram at @prspctv_cllctv and @perspectivepodcast—and let’s connect.
- Book Recommendation: 5 Love Languages
- Podcast supported by Patreon Backer Iron Bean Coffee Company
- Join our Private Global Facebook Community of Creators
- Subscribe to the weekly P-C Newsletter
- Listener of the Week: zsofiavera (France)
- Podcast Editor: Aine Brennan
- Shownotes Editor: Paige Garland
- Podcast music: Blookah