Defining Passion & Ditching the Limiters on Your Creativity
Note: Listen to the end of the episode to hear how you can win a giveaway from Jason.
This week on the show we have the talented designer, illustrator, speaker and just a kickass friend, Jason Craig.
Jason operates out of Augusta, GA and currently is the Senior Designer for the Westobou Festival in Augusta.
He and I go back 3 years as we originally linked up through Instagram and then met each other at Creative South 2015. That year he was a speaker and I was blown away by his story telling and presence on the stage, let alone his artwork.
Fast forward to today and he’s become a mentor and someone I can rely on to give it to me straight and cut through the bullshit.
In this episode, we dive deep into:
- his backstory and all the design jobs he’s been involved in
- how he gets inspired and executes those ideas instead of sitting on them
- how creating from conflict can fuel your artwork and give you a voice
- the reason people confuse passion with struggle
- being paralyzed by perfection and how repetition is the answer
- leaving yourself open to opportunity
- the fact that there is no limited finite amount of success to be had
Jason has a gift for drilling home his points through metaphors and analogies and I really think you’ll enjoy his setup and delivery.
He’s always making appearances at your favorite design conferences but you can catch him speaking next at the Crop Pop Up Conference in November in Austin, Texas.
- Jason’s Dribbble
- Jason’s Instagram
- Additional podcast interviews of Jason
- Register for Crop Pop Up Conference
- Pizza Drawings Only Instagram
- Justin of Loose Fools Instagram
- Matt Porter – Poster Designer
- The Half and Half Instagram
- Copper Horse Distilling Packaging by The Half and Half
- Music by Blookah